Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scrumptious Splurging

I am a firm believer in splurging every now and again. Allow yourself to eat whatever you want. 

Come one. It's fun. Do it. I promise you'll be OK. 



This soup is requested so often. It makes a huge pot. We usually quite a bit leftover which is great for quick lunches. It's getting a bit hot for soup, but save this recipe because I haven't had anyone try it and not love it and ask for the recipe.


I always ordered the zuppa toscana from olive garden and it was so good. One day I googled the recipe and over the past couple of years I have made it over and over again and some adjustments of my own.

So, this is my take on Zuppa Toscana! 

Jessica's Zuppa Toscana

1lb Spicy Italian Sausage
1lb Regular Italian Sausage
1 large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Package of bacon,
crumbled (You can of course use as much or as little as you would like-my boyfriend is crazy over bacon so the entire thing goes in)
2 Cans of Chicken broth
2 C water
1 C Heavy Cream 

5-6 Russet Potatoes, sliced thin
3 C Kale, chopped
salt and pepper


In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the grease. Put Bacon aside.
*Control your urge to eat all of the bacon while moving on to the next step.
Add the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once sausage is browned and crumbled, place sausage with the bacon. Drain off grease leaving one TBSP to saute the onion in.
Add the onion to the pan; saute until translucent; add garlic; saute until fragrant.  Add the bacon and sausage back into the pot.
Stir in your chicken broth and potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add kale and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer. 


ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!