Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Homemade and budget friendly! :)


I have been slowly "going green" one small step at a time. I have been making my own laundry detergent for a little over a year. I also make my own shaving cream and dishwasher soap. I am all for saving the planet but it also has to make sense for my budget.

Today I would like to share with you the recipe that I stumbled upon on this awesome blog. It hasn't done me wrong it. I use it for all of our laundry-even the stinky stained clothes of my rambunctious five year old son.

Here it is!



3 bars Fels Naptha, grated ($1.33 x 3)
1 box Borax  ($5.85  -  76 ounces)
1 box Washing Soda ($4.07  -  55 ounces)
2 cups of baking soda ($0.53 cents)
2 containers of Dollar Tree Oxyclean (I bought mine at Family Dollar store…SUN Brand…$4.00 each)
1-2 containers of Purex fabric softener crystals ($6.97  -  28 ounces) 

Use 2 tablespoons per load. Put it right in the barrel if you have an HE washer.
 (via One Good Thing by Jillee)

 I grate my soap with a cheese grater and then just combine all of the ingredients together. It takes so little time and saves money!

Do you make any homemade cleaners, etc? Share your ideas and recipes with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!